A well-crafted call to action is a vital part of any content marketing campaign. Without this, your content may be valuable but it will not be a viable asset to your company. Here we discuss simple tips on how to ensure all your calls to action are effective.
What is a Call to Action?
A call to action (CTA) is a short blurb at the end of your content requesting customers to do something. In a guest blog, it may ask readers to click a link directing to your own website. It may also ask them to call for a consultation, like a company page on social media, subscribe to the mailing list, or purchase an eBook.
The call to action may look like this:
“For more information, be sure to subscribe to our email list.” Or “Find more useful information by liking our Facebook page.”
In either situation, there would be a hyperlink directing readers where to go. Now that we know what a call to action is, we can discuss tips on how to ensure yours are effective.
Tips for Crafting Effective CTA
- Ask readers to do ONE thing. Do not be tempted to write a paragraph of things for them to do.
- Remember to hyperlink the appropriate word(s) so readers know where to go if they wish to act on your CTA.
- Keep it brief. A single sentence is preferred, but never have a CTA which is more than two.
- Use clear, concise language with no extra words. For example, do not say “If you wanted to, you could follow this link to like our Facebook page, so you can stay up to date with all our news and information.” Instead, say “Like our Facebook page to stay up to date with news and information.”
- Create a sense of urgency by using words like today, now, immediately, etc.
- Consider incorporating colour, graphics, bold words, large words, etc. to make your CTA stand out.
For more content marketing information or for a professional consultation contact us today.